Smile of Angkor Grand Show
Smile of Angkor Grand Show - Siem Reap
The Smile of Angkor Grand Epic Show in Siem Reap is a show about the history and culture of Cambodia. Dancers from the Cambodian Royal Ballet as well as from China immerse you to the time when the Temples of Angkor were built. Smile of Angkor is a high technology laser show with modern lighting and sound system. It combines ancient Cambodian songs and dances with ancient Khmer martial art performances, acrobatics, legends, local Khmer life, the temples of Angkor, Khmer festivals and the Hindu myth Churning the Sea of Milk..
The Smile of Angkor Show is shown in the Siem Reap Exhibition Center AngkorCOEX, which is located just north of the Apsara roundabout on Apsara Road near the Charles de Gaulle Boulevard...
Smile of Angkor not only make a great achievement in Cambodia culture and arts, but make a great contribution to Cambodia people. In Smile of Angkor, ninety percent of the dancers are Cambodia. Some of them are orphans; some of their relatives are the victim of landmine. Smile of Angkor offer them a job, train them to be a dancer. They become the inheritor of Cambodia culture. Smile of Angkor also cooperates with two Cambodia Orphan Schools to support these poor children by donation. Watching Smile of Angkor, you not only can enjoy the real culture of Cambodia, but can help Cambodia people.
Smile of Angkor Show general manager Fang Shun Dong told 7Days the company’s previous office, on the outskirts of the Angkor Archaeological Park, next to the Apsara Authority offices, was too far from the city to attract tourist bookings for the show.“The main reason I moved our office to the centre of the city is because tourists could not find us as easily,” he said. “Now we have more visibility because of big signs advertising the show. Tourists can see it and come to us to learn more.”
Premiering in November 2010, Smile of Angkor is a 75-minute dance epic involving up to 104 performers. Billed as the “number one epic performance in Southeast Asia” by its organisers, the Siem Reap Performance andamp; Arts Co Ltd, the show also receives support from the Chinese and Cambodian Ministries of Culture.Dong told 7Days the show was designed to act as a “window showing Khmer culture to the whole world”, and has proven to be commercially successful even during low season.
“I had to confront a million problems in organising this show, which is why I have to learn to be as the flower which Mao describes. After overcoming the challenges, success is now ahead for us and after it happens I will take a step back, stand with the audience and smile as I watch Smile of Angkor. I hope the show will continue to attract people forever.”
Cambodia Creates a New Wonder for the World
The four worthiest visiting venues in Angkor: Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat, Tonle Sap Lake, And Smile of Angkor. " Smile of Angkor " is the new wonder that Cambodia creates to the world.
+ Smile of Angkor Show - Apsara Dancing Show
On Thursday June 09, 2011, five players from the Mexico Men's national football team were suspended for failing a doping test administered on May 21. Among the suspended players were goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, defenders Francisco Rodriguez and Edgar Duenas, and midfielders Antonio Sinha and Christian Bermudez. This suspension will challenge Mexico's run at the 2011 Gold Cup.
+ Smile of Angkor Show - Silver Legend
Along with the promise of championships—ended on the very same floor, with the Dallas Mavericks hoisting the title trophy for the first time in their franchise history after beating the Heat 105-95 on Sunday night. The Mavericks won four of the series’ last five games, a turnabout that could not have been sweeter.
+ Palace Candle Dancing Show
New revealing photographs of Representative Anthony D. Weiner — these reportedly taken in the locker room of the Congressional gym — were posted on the Internet on Sunday even as Democratic leaders in the House again called for Mr. Weiner to step down.
+ Angkor Stone
DAMASCUS (AFP) – Syrian troops on Sunday fought violent battles with "armed gangs" in flashpoint Jisr al-Shughur town, state television said, as international outrage mounted at the regime's harsh crackdown on protesters.
HIGHLIGHTS MENU of Smile of Angkor Show:
- Cast: Ms. Vonsopianliga, the best Royal Apsara dancer. Master Konay, the most popular and classical musician in Cambodia.
- Exquisite Costumes: All the costumes displayed on the stage were refined from the reliefs of Angkor Wat.
- International Stage Conceptions: Our stage design conception highly respects for the ancient culture and faith.
- International Stage Effects: The latest stage technology such as LED, Laser, smog, lights, water curtain…..
- Galaxy of the Classical Khmer Dances: Royal Candle Dance, Apsara Dance, Shiva Dance, and Revived Hero Dance... are the masterpiece of Royal Khmer Culture which revive the real culture of Angkor Kingdom.
Show Contents List:
Preface Ask God
Chapter One: Glorious Kingdom
Chapter two: Resurrection of Gods
Chapter three: Churning the Ocean of Milk
Chapter four: Prayer of Life
Ending Smile of Angkor
- Siem Reap
- 2 Hours
Siem Reap Hotels
- Prince d’Angkor Hotel & Spa
- Damrei Angkor Hotel
- The Clay D’Angkor Boutique Villa
- Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort
- Ladear Angkor Boutique
- Sokha Angkor Resort
- Natura Resort
- Apsara Residence Hotel
- Pura Vida Boutique Hotel & Spa
- Royal Angkor Resort & Spa
- Angkor Paradise Hotel
- DDG Retreat Siem Reap Residence
Siem Reap Tours
- The Cambodian Circus Show
- Explore Angkor Wat Full Day Tour
- Cooking class + Dinner at natural village
- Koh Ker & Beng Mealea Excursion 1Day
- Balloon Ride Angkor Wat with Tuk Tuk
- Private Small Group Angkor Wat Temple by Car
- Phnom Kulen Waterfall Excursion 1Day
- Banteay Srei Excursion 1 Day
- Kampong Phluk - Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Sunrise Angkor Wat Small Group tour
- Angkor Wat Tour by Tuk Tuk
- Rosana Broadway